What are cookies?
Una cookie es un fichero que se descarga en su equipo (por ejemplo, un ordenador, un teléfono móvil o A cookie is a fi le that is downloaded to your computer (for example, a computer, amobile phone, or a Tablet) when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow aweb page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about thebrowsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the informationthey contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognizeto user.
Why are cookies important?
Cookies are useful for several reasons. From a technical point of view, they allowweb pages to function more agile and adapted to your preferences, such asstoring your language preference. In addition, they help those responsible for thewebsites to improve the services they offer, thanks to the statistical informationthey collect through them.
Types of cookies that can be used and classification
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through thewebsite or application and use the different options or services that exist in it. Theyare essential for normal use of the page. For example, identify the session, controltraffi c and data communication, access restricted access web parts, etc.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the servicewith some general characteristics predefi ned in their terminal or that the userdefi nes. For example, the language, the type of browser through which you accessthe service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: They are those that are well treated by us or by third parties,allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the measurement andstatistical analysis of the use made by users of the website. For this, yournavigation through the sections of the page is analysed in order to improve itscontents continuously.
- Session cookies: These cookies remain active only during the time of use by theuser. It does not store any data on your browser or hard drive. It is interesting fromthe point of view of navigation analysis and offers a better experience as themarket is studied.
- Permanent cookies: Unlike the previous ones, these cookies are stored in thebrowser and are activated each time a new visit is made. They have a specifi cexpiration date and after exceeding that date they are no longer useful unless weshow the notice to the user again and they accept it again.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies study the behaviour of users in order to lateroffer them advertising related to what is supposed to be of interest to their profile.
- Own cookies: These are the website editor’s own cookies. That is, the same onesthat provide the service to the user of the website itself.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies that are installed by another entity that isnot the site editor, but by another entity that processes the data through cookies.
The cookies we use on our website or in apps for mobile devices:
- Third-party cookies (the information collected below has been provided by thosethird parties)
- Cookies: Google Analytics
- Information: Activity on the web and browsing time.
- Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about the use of ourwebsite by visitors. We use the information to compile reports and to improve thesite. Cookies collect information anonymously, including, but not limited to, thenumber of visitors to the site, where visitors come from to the site and the pagesvisited.
The cookies we use do not store any personal data in accordance with currentdata protection legislation.
How to disable or delete cookies?
In general, it will be enough to open the browser and choose the option to “deletebrowsing data” in the corresponding menu.
You can also allow, block, or delete the cookies installed on your computer byconfi guring the browser options installed on your computer.
- Fore more information about the Firefox browser click here.
- Fore more information about the Chrome browser click here.
- Fore more information about the Explorer browser click here.
- Fore more information about the Safari browser click here.
- Fore more information about the Opera browser click here.
For more information about cookies and how they work in general, you can consultthe Cookie Use Guide published by the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
Cookies Policy Updates
ECOGOTS will modify this policy based on legislative and regulatory requirements,or with the purpose of adapting said policy to the instructions issued by theSpanish Agency for Data Protection, therefore users are advised to visit itperiodically.